Common mistakes in #Ramadhan:
1. Drinking "rooh afza" on a daily basis🍹
- Why: It contains high amounts of sugar, additives and colarants
- Solution: If you have to, drink it twice a week maximum
2. Drinking large amounts of water at iftaar time
- Why: Filling the stomach with water is more strenuous to it than with food.
- Solution: have a few sips at iftaar then a glass after every two hours.
3. Exercising directly after iftaar.
- Why: the body's blood flow is concentrated around the stomach at that time.
- Solution: Exercise after two hours of eating to ease digestion.
4. Chewing and swallowing food fast.
- Why: chewing food slowly can speed up digestion and help maintain your weight
5. Having dessert directly after iftaar
- Why: they make you drowsy and sleepy 😴
- Solution: leave at least a two hour gap between iftaar and dessert to stay fresh and awake for prayers
6. Consuming foods with high amounts of sodium
- Why: Sodium triggers thirst through out the fasting hours of the day
- Solution: instead, eat foods that are high in potassium, they retain water and supress your thirst.
# Bananas are high in potassium. A banana at Suhoor time can control your thirst level through out the day.
# Best sources of potassium for Suhoor time:
- bananas 🍌
- milk 🍼
- avocados 🍏
- dried peaches 🍐
- pumpkin 🍠
- peas 🌱
- dark chocolate 🍫
# Worst choices for Suhoor:
- kebab 🍢🍡
- fast food in general 🍝
- cheese 🍕
- haleem 🍲
# Best choices for Suhoor:
- whole grain bread 🍞
- banana 🍌
Please do not keep this reminder to yourself, share with your beloved brothers and sisters . Ramzan is coming. Click and share homeodriqbal.blogspot.com